Tuesday, July 31, 2007

House Plans

I thought I'd post our house plans today. We had an architect draw up these plans for us.

We're anxious to break ground. DH filed for a building permit and we're still waiting on some building estimates to come in. We're hoping to break ground in September and get the house under cover before winter so that the builders can work through the winter. Our plan is to be done in early Spring and to put our current house on the market just before the new house is ready to move into. The best laid plans of mice and men...we shall see...

I stopped by Home Depot yesterday to look at refrigerators - I wanted to make sure that the spot we are planning to put it will actually be the right size. The refrigerators that I'm looking at are ones with the freezer on the bottom and French doors on the top so that I can fit large trays of food in the refrigerator, as we entertain a lot. When the builder built this house, he decided on the size of the refrigerator opening by measuring his own refrigerator, which he later admitted was rather old and small. The frig we brought with us when we moved here from NC was practically new and we had to sell it because it wouldn't fit in the space here. I could have lived with the smaller frig if I could only open the freezer door all the way - the builder put the frig so close to the corner that the door hits the cabinets on the wall next to the refrig wall. I long to be able to put a 9x13 pan into my freezer. That's why I'm bound and determined to make sure the refrigerator in the new house is done right!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I came here from guamsueks blog. We are sisters and we have a sister named Pat, too! I was just curious to pop over to see another reader of T's blog. You're from PA! We are in MN.

Your property looks wonderful. I love that interesting looking tree on your first photo. Hope it doesn't get harmed when you do your build out.

Teresa said...

Hi Patty! Thanks for sending me an email about your new blog. Click on the link to houseblogs.com and sign up there to advertise your blog and join in on the conversations on the forum. Good luck on your house building, I will be watching your progress.

BTW, I do not have word verification on my blog, I almost refuse to post a comment on the blogs that have it on and I do not get any spam comments. I think maybe I have had 3 in the year I have been blogging. Just something to think about.

Patti said...

There are a couple of those interesting looking trees on the property and I'd hate to lose them. I'm afraid at least one of them may be in the way, but I'm hoping we can work around it.