Thursday, November 29, 2007

Loan closing!

Success! We closed on our building loan yesterday and expect that our builder will begin next week. The plan is to put in the driveway, cut down any trees that are in the way of the house, and then break ground (finally - only 3 months after we wanted to break ground).

For the quilters out there, I started working on my Quilt Diva pattern. She will hang on the door of my sewing studio in our new house. My friend and I went on a Quilt Shop Hop last June and I took the pattern with me so I could purchase the fabrics for her. I even found zipper fabric that I can use for the zipper on the suitcase! I have all the pieces cut out and need to fuse the smaller parts together and then finish assembling her. Isn't she fun?

Back to the house...I'm having trouble locating the kitchen sink that I want. I would like a sink with 2 large square or rectangular bowls. I've found one, but it is an apron front sink and I'm not sure I like that look for this house. It is wide though - almost 40" and the 2 bowls are each about 18" square which would be great! My other option is to have 2 separate sinks near each other...

No comments: