Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Bookshelves, crafty things and more grass!

Goodness - it's been almost a week since I posted! I've been working on the tall bookcase shelves in the great room. I've never been very good at figuring out how to decorate shelves, but they look better like this than with cardboard boxes stacked on them!
I still need to arrange the things on the shelves in the closet next to the tall bookcase. I unwrapped all the breakable knick knacks when we moved and put them all on these shelves, out of the way. I moved some of the things onto the tall bookcase shelves and will arrange the rest of the items, plus probably put our photo albums in here. The shelves behind the closed doors at the bottom have plastic bins with my greeting cards, paper pads, pens, markers, etc.
I've also been putting my sewing studio to good use. I've been planning a ladies' luncheon for Thursday of this week. Here are the place cards that I created (with an obvious Autumn theme)...
And I made this scarecrow decoration. It is an embroidery design from http://www.embroiderygarden.com/.
Our grass is getting taller and denser. The other areas of the yard that DH planted are just starting to sprout. He planted those about one week after he planted these areas...
I also made myself a new purse. It's been about a year since I've made a new purse, so it was definitely time!
Here's a close-up of the embroidery...

No comments: