Thursday, August 28, 2008

Home again, home again...

Sorry to be MIA for a couple of days, but I drove my mom back to Northern New York State yesterday (8 hours) and drove back home today.

On Tuesday, while Mom was still here, we tackled some of the sewing studio unpacking. I forgot to take "before" photos, so these are "in progress" photos. This is the larger side of the room...
and the smaller side of the room...
The closet is filling up fast! I'll have to rearrange things after I get everything unboxed.
Mom was the expert box opener and made short order of breaking down the boxes after they were empty...
The landscapers finished the second seatwall (on one side, at least)...
They also worked on extending the exposed aggregate concrete that will be around the pool so there will be a strip of it along the edge of the pavers.
There was a gorgeous sunset on Tuesday night...
Must have been the calm before the storm...
On the way home from NYS, I stopped at the Grove City outlets to pick up some spice tins from Pfaltzgraf. I was planning to order them online, but the shipping charge was so outrageous I decided to stop at the outlets sometime to pick some up. I didn't get quite enough, so I'll have to get back up there sometime and buy more for my baking spices. These are my cooking spices, all labeled and in their tins and in the drawer near the cooktop...
The edge of the covers on the tins have both sprinkle and pour areas and there are magnets on the bottom of the tins. I'm going to have DH find me a piece of metal to fit the drawer so the spice tins will stay where I put them.
While I was gone, the landscapers finished putting the stone on the second seat wall and then grouted both seat walls. The concrete around the pool wasn't able to be poured because of the rain. The wood for the deck and the pavers have arrived, so they can work on those next week.

DH spent a couple of hours replacing the white outlets and switches on the granite backsplash in the kitchen with black outlets and switches - what a huge improvement! I didn't get a photo yet. He didn't get enough, so I'll wait and take a photo after they are all changed to black.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, update already! :-)

Also your fourth RR video link doesn't exist anymore.

<3

Patti said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah - are you happy now?