Friday, December 28, 2007

Foundation and waterfall

The foundation appears to be complete and the guys were working on the garage foundation today.
Most of our property is on a cliff above the river. There is one piece of the property that continues all the way down to the river. There are waterfalls on this section of land. A piece of our property (approximately 1 acre) down near the river was taken over by the township to put in a trail where there used to be a railroad track (this portion of land was taken by the township before we purchased the land). The section where the waterfalls are is very steep and we haven't yet found a way to get down to the river from our property.

DD and I decided to try to locate the trailhead and investigate our property from river level. I thought I saw a sign the other day which marked the beginning of the trail so we went to check it out.

The trail started out as a paved trail and led down to a road where the trail curved around by the river and became a dirt trail.Here is a shot of the river...

We saw a couple of waterfalls along the trail, but we think that this is the one on our property. A fence has been erected and there are 2 benches for people to sit on. We'll have to walk the trail again sometime when I have my GPSr with me so we'll know for sure that this is our waterfall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK - I'm confused...which one is the garage foundation or is that a separate building? Great waterfall. You will have to e/mail me with the name of the river....