Thursday, December 6, 2007

Hallelujah! We've started!

DS and I drove out to the property today to see if anything had been done. We were very pleasantly surprised to see equipment there, the road in, trees down, and brush being burned. I didn't see anyone around, but because it was so muddy and I was unprepared for it, I didn't wander around much. Either the guys were on the far side of the property or taking a lunch break. I stayed long enough to take some photos and then left. (It is about a 30 minute drive from our current house to the property where we're building, so I don't know how often I'll get out there to take photos. I'd love to go every day, but that probably isn't feasible.)

Here are some of the photos I took:

This was taken from the private road that our property is located on, looking down toward where the house will be located.
Dirt was piled up alongside the driveway on each side.

Equipment at the turn in the driveway - the driveway will curve to the left before arriving at the location of the house.


Down around the curve, it looks like some of the brush is being burned off...


Big equipment!

Tree trunks from the trees that had to be cut down...
Looks like one of the trees with the funny trunks is safe!

2 comments:

shoppingshannon said...

I found your blog while searching for glass counter tops. I found it intriguing since we are in the process of building a new home also. I have to say, I am jealous since we broke ground in June and you are farther along than us. Ours was to be complete March 1st but is only about 50% along. We are in the process of looking for a new builder since we fired ours last month. With all this extra time, I keep finding new stuff and changing my mind on what I want. Now I have to start all over with a new builder. I am glad you aren't having the trouble we are with our house. It gives me hope that we will finally finish this with our new builder. Best wishes on your progress.

Patti said...

Wow! I can't imagine having to fire your builder part way through the building process. That must be very stressful.

Good luck with finishing your house with your new builder!

Patti