Saturday, February 9, 2008

Windows and straw...

We discovered today that I've probably lost one of my sewing studio windows. The roof line over the mudroom area which connects the garage to the house is blocking my window and I don't think there is anything we can do about it. The framers accomplished a lot this week, though!

Here is a close-up of the area...
DH climbed up to the second floor today to look around, but decided not to go any further than this, in case he had trouble getting back down!
We couldn't figure out why they covered the basement floor with straw - any ideas? There was a lot of water and snow on the decking on each level which I'm sure drips down to the basement. No one has any need to be in the basement at this point - do we care if the floor is muddy? Is there another reason they would put straw down there?
I was able to get a shot of the house from the right end - this is the guest room and office end of the house.

Here is the complicated roof section plan for our house - I think if you click on it you'll be able to see it OK... I visited Lowe's on Wednesday to get the sewing studio cabinets figured out. I had planned to put the layout up for you to see, but there were a couple of errors that needed to be fixed. I called and had them fix it, but the fax they sent isn't high enough quality to put online, so I'll stop out there again this week and pick out cabinet hardware and get a better copy of the layout.

2 comments:

modernemama said...

This is fascinating - hope the sewing room will be as great as it sounds. I added some tags to this post over at houseblogs.net. Hope that's ok with you.

Patti said...

Thanks, modernemama - I always forget to add tags on houseblogs.net.

What is the FSTAG for?

Patti