Sunday, February 10, 2008

The window saga...

Great news! I think my sewing studio window has been saved! I was willing to live without it, as I would still have 3 windows which is 3 more windows than in my current sewing studio (which is in the basement), but I'm thankful to have the fourth window.

DH emailed the architect yesterday about the window/roof obstruction and his reply indicated that our builder had contacted the architect the day before and they decided to move the window to the right and make it a bit smaller, but that it would still fit. I may have to rearrange the studio layout for that wall, but it will all work out just fine.

We need to make a decision soon on the plumbing hardware for the guest bath and kids' bath. They need to know which tubs/showers we will be using and while we're at it we're trying to figure out the faucets so it will all be decided. If we wait until the last minute to make the decisions, we will feel rushed, and would rather get things decided ahead of time.

We have so much wood in the house, going every which way, that it's hard to tell what all the wood is for. There are temporary diagonal supports that make things look jumbled, and the scaffolding just adds to the sense of confusion when you walk in the house. This is a photo of the vaulted ceiling in the great room , looking toward the guest room, hall closet in the entryway, and bookcase in the great room. I'm sure it will be a lot easier to visualize once the drywall starts going up.

No comments: