Sunday, March 30, 2008

Out with the old, in with the new...

I've heard of small work triangles, but this is a tad tight! LOL! This was what my kitchen work triangle looked like in the midst of our kitchen wallpaper removal/painting weekend. Did I ever say that we hate removing wallpaper and we hate to paint?
The last remnants of wallpaper are coming down in the next photo...ever so slowly...our plan was to remove the paper and get the kitchen painted, all on Saturday (plus we were going to get the lower half of the dining room wall painted). We removed the paper on Saturday (and a bit more of the border today) but couldn't paint until today because we ran out of time and steam (mostly steam, I think). I don't know what we were thinking when we decided we could do all the paper removal and paint 1.5 rooms all in one day!
Our new paint color is Valspar's Bay Sands. It looks like different colors depending on what it is next to and what the lighting in the room is at any particular moment. On the sample, it looks like a very gray-green paint in a light-medium hue. On the wall, it ranges from a light tan to a blue-gray to an almost purple-gray to the green-gray that it is intended to be. Anyway, I like it, and I think it will help the house sell faster than the plaid wallpaper and morning glory border that was on the wall at the start of the weekend. This photo was taken at night without a flash - the color is quite a bit lighter than this...
And I finally located the photo of the fan that we will put in the kids' bedrooms. I sent the photo to DD and she loves it, so I guess we did OK picking it out. I asked DS what he thought and he said "It's a fan." He doesn't care what it looks like as long as it keeps him cool. (Just exactly what I thought he would say - why did I bother asking him?) :-D
Needless to say, with all the wallpaper removal and painting going on, we didn't make it out to the house this weekend. DH is probably going to run wires for the security system himself and needs to get it done by Tuesday, as the plan is to start putting the insulation in the walls on Wednesday. So, we will head out to the house after work tomorrow or Tuesday. While DH and DS run the wires, I am going to take photos of the walls and ceilings in every room so that we know where all the electrical, plumbing, and heating "stuff" is located within each wall in case we need to find it later. Or in case we need to avoid it later. Or for whatever. I'm just taking the photos.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Hi, Patti! Thanks for stopping by my spot! People don't realize that all robins don't leave the state to travel to warmer climes. I have no idea why some stay and some leave either! Your reasoning sounds pretty good to me!

Love your blog. Your home is going to be so lovely.