Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Why does it seem...

...that every time we make a final decision about something in the house, we end up having to change it? The latest example is our kitchen/entry/hall/mudroom/powder room tile. (I posted photos of our tile choice here.) It turns out that the tile is a discontinued style and Molyneaux may not be able to find enough in the same lot for us. I found a couple of sites online that we might be able to get some from, so we have our fingers crossed while we wait for Molyneaux to let us know if they can get enough for us.

My island has also changed again (nothing major). Here is the plan that we had before the KD went out to the house and measured.
It seems that the actual aisle measurement between the island and the beverage center was narrower (by about 3") than the other aisles around the island and the KD wanted the aisle widths more consistent, as he thought we would notice and it would bother us if they weren't consistent. As a result, the 18"x24" 3 drawer stack in the above photo is now a 15"x24" 3 drawer stack, and the 36"x12" base cabinet is now 33" instead. I now only have one nice, wide 3 drawer stack (36" wide) in the kitchen and it is for my plate storage. It had better not change, as there are no upper cabinets near the sink/dishwasher and I need someplace to store my dishes.

We are headed out to the house tonight so DH can run the wires for the security system. The security company wanted $1700 to do it and we can do it for a couple of hundred. I'll get some up-to-date photos of the outside of the house. The shingles were all finished last Wednesday when we were out there, but I didn't get a photo. If we're lucky, perhaps the bricks and siding have started going up.

No comments: