Thursday, August 2, 2007

Kitchen Designer

Well, DH made an appointment with a kitchen designer for next Thursday. We have been looking for someone who would be able to do more than ask us what kind of cabinets we want and where we want them. We're looking for some guidance and inspiration.

Now I have to figure out which appliances I want before we go to the appointment. I know which refrigerator I want, but I haven't decided on any of the other appliances. We'll probably just have a countertop microwave and place it in a cubby in the end of the island, or perhaps near the ovens.

So, that means I need to decide on the dishwasher, and whether I want a cooktop and double ovens or a range with an extra oven. I do a lot of baking, especially several times a year when we bake dozens and dozens of cookies to label with our church info and hand them out at local youth days and light-up nights. We also have a couple of church bake sales a year that I do a lot of baking for. I therefore would like electric ovens, which bake more evenly than gas ovens.

I've always had electric stoves, but am considering going with a gas cooktop and double electric ovens. The other option is to get a dual fuel range with gas burners and electric ovens, but those are very expensive. I'm sooo confused about what to get! Maybe having a deadline of next Thursday is a good thing - I'm going to have to really research this week and decide what I want to get.

I've also considered the induction cooktops because they heat very quickly and are energy efficient. I would need to get new pots and pans because mine aren't magnetic-based. My main concern with this option is that I wouldn't be able to use my canner and I've only been able to find aluminum canners and those won't work with the induction cooktop.

Decisions! Decisions! Decisions!

No comments: