Saturday, August 4, 2007

Yeah! A Kitchen Designer!

Well, I think we've found our kitchen designer. We stopped by a kitchen place on our way to look at some more appliances and both fell in love with this guy. His name is Mark and he used to be a chef, so he knows what needs to be done to make a kitchen functional as well as beautiful.

He gave us a quick run-down of where he'd put the appliances, and why, and it all made sense. He can put a cooktop vent right in the ceiling over the cooktop (between the ceiling joists) which will keep the view from being blocked by a large vent. He kept the center island free from any appliances or sinks which is what I wanted and he did it before I even told him that's what I wanted. He also gave us some great ideas for the floors in the kitchen and adjoining rooms. He suggested deep cabinet drawers to store the dishes in (as we won't have any space for upper cabinets due to the wall of windows in the kitchen) and the deep drawers are what I wanted to use. He loves cooking gadgets and lots of light in kitchens, so we are right in sync with one another.

I'm excited - I think he'll come up with an awesome design for us! He'll also work with us on designs for the bathrooms.

We also looked at appliances. DH agrees with my choice of the LG refrigerator - he liked it better than all the others we looked at. We also looked at some dishwashers and other appliances, but didn't really make any decisions.

No comments: