Friday, August 3, 2007

To the appliance store...

Today I headed to the local appliance store to take a look at some kitchen appliances and see if I could make some decisions. I finally decided on this electric cooktop from Bosch:
http://www.boschappliances.com/product494.html

It has some features that sound interesting and I won't have any problem using my large canner with this cooktop. It will be simple to keep clean as it is a smoothtop and the smoothtop we had at one of our previous houses was my favorite range. I've cooked on gas at church, but I'm not crazy about it and it always seems to heat the kitchen up so much...

The salesman recommended getting all one brand, such as Jenn Air, in order to coordinate the look between the appliances. DH and I had already decided that all one brand would be a good idea for that very reason.

I had previously decided to get this refrigerator from LG Electronics:
http://us.lge.com/products/model/detail/home%20appliances_refrigerators_french%20door_LFC25760.jhtml

I still really like this refrigerator and may end up trying to find other LG appliances to match this refrig. The Jenn Air that I looked at today didn't have drawers that functioned as smoothly as the LG and it doesn't have a solid base under the freezer basket which would keep crumbs from falling through onto the floor when you open the freezer drawer.

So, two appliances decided and a bunch more to go! As I said yesterday, decisions, decisions, decisions!

No comments: