Thursday, August 30, 2007

Things are moving a bit...

DH met the builder and the project manager out at the property on Monday. I guess the grass has gotten so tall they could barely walk through it and the builder said he'll be mowing it down first thing. We're hoping they get started with the excavation in the next couple of weeks. We HAVE to get the house under cover before bad weather sets in, and we're running out of time.

The meeting with the kitchen designer went well. He used some lower cupboards with pull-out shelves, instead of the deep drawers I wanted to use (I misunderstood what he was describing), but I emailed him and explained what I wanted and he said it was no problem and that the cost would be the same, even with the different cabinets.

I saw the actual alkemi counter sample and it was very cool. I'm not positive that's what we'll put on the island, but it's a good possibility.

The only thing from the kitchen design that I'm questioning right now is the center island. The designer made it a 2-level counter (with different counter materials on each section) and I've been envisioning a plain, flat island with no appliances of any kind so that I would have plenty of room to spread out cookie sheets and cooling racks, etc. all around me while I work. I really need to think about how this 2-level island would work for me. Other than that, the kitchen design looks like it will work great!

Excavate, excavate, excavate - maybe if I say it often enough, it will actually happen?? :-D

No comments: