Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Hey, I won a pillow!

Back at the beginning of April, I posted a Spring party suggestion on the Create My Event blog in a contest to win a Thomas Paul pillow from 2Modern. I checked the website today to see who won the pillow, and it was me! What fun!
Here is the pillow...

And this was my party theme suggestion:

"How about a "Springing From Your Garden" party for your friends. Provide inexpensive, colorful flower pots, pansies or seedlings from a nursery, and some dirt. Let each person plant a couple of pots of flowers (or herbs, hot peppers, etc.) to take home with them. Serve simple hors d'oeuvres on spring themed floral plates and enjoy good friends and conversation. Send everyone home with the promise that Spring has sprung."

If you want to read the other party suggestions, you can find them here, in the comments section of the page.

So, I worked in DD's bedroom yesterday packing up her desk so the desk can go in the POD. I spent today in there also, packing up all the things that were piled on her floor, cleaning out the bookcase, moving the furniture around, cleaning out the closet, vacuuming and dusting, and using a scraper and Goo Gone to get a gazillion little spots of sticky stuff off her walls. She used to have a bunch of cork board squares on her wall and they didn't stick well. The double stick tape that was supposed to hold them up stuck very well to the wall, albeit not to the cork boards. After I finally got all the sticky stuff off the wall I had to touch up 2 shades of blue paint (she has 3 wide horizontal stripes in different shades of blue on her walls) where some of the double stick tape had pulled the paint off the wall.

So, it looks a whole lot better than it used to and this arrangement of her furniture makes the room seem larger, so I think it is ready for potential buyers to see. Oh, wait - I forgot the tape on the window that I need to scrape off with a razor blade. OK - it's ALMOST ready to show!

Last night I made new curtains for the dining room window and for the French doors in the kitchen. The old curtains were getting tired after 11 years and the morning glory flowers on the fabric on the kitchen curtains went well with our wallpaper and border, but since those are no longer up on the walls the curtains went bye-bye too. I didn't replace the curtains over the sink, but the French doors have mini blinds on them to block the setting sun and I needed new curtains to cover up the ugly mini blinds.
We are planning to head out to the house tomorrow to see what's going on. I won't be here this weekend, so we'll go tomorrow and then again on Monday or Tuesday to check on things and take more photos (I love digital cameras - I can't imagine how much film I would be going through taking photos of this house if I didn't have a digital camera!).

Oh, and let's go PENS (for the hockey fans in our midst)!

No comments: