Thursday, April 17, 2008

New mantel and old cupboards

Not a great photo, but here is the mantel for our new fireplace. I didn't quite get all 6' of it in the picture! It is unfinished cherry and will be stained to match the kitchen cabinets.

We met with the realtor on Tuesday night to discuss getting this house on the market. We are having a POD delivered tomorrow and will load it up with all the boxes that we've been packing up. I cleaned out every kitchen cabinet and packed up everything that we can do without until we move. Here is the pantry - still full, but neat, at least.
And a couple of my kitchen cabinets - nothing falls out on our heads anymore!

This week I've been working in my sewing room. I haven't seen the floor and table tops in that room for a very long time! It had become a catch-all room this past year. I should have taken a before photo (on second thought, that would have been too scary to post). Here are a couple of after photos...

Now it's time to pack up some of the excess paraphenalia in the closets and DD's bedroom. What fun!

The walls in the new house are being mudded now. We haven't been out there this week, so I will take photos this weekend. The builder said that the hard surfaces (tile, wood floors) will go in about 3 weeks from now. I'm anxious to get out to the house to see how the exterior is coming along.

No comments: