Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Stuff and things...

DH was busy while I was down in TX. He took Friday off from work and went to buy our tractor. It should be delivered in a couple of weeks. He also cleaned out the garage and the large unfinished part of the basement. We need to clean out a couple of more closets, make a couple of minor repairs, and this house should be ready to list.

We went out to the house as soon as my mom and I got home from the airport last night. It's the first time she's seen it in person. It didn't look like anything new has been done on the inside since I was out there last Wednesday, but the brick and the siding had been worked on. The newest estimate of when the house will be finished is the end of June - the estimate up to this point had been "sometime in July", so that is good news.

The last section of brick that needs to be done is the angled wall area in the back of the house. They are just starting on the first floor level of the brick there. (I forgot my boots so I took a photo leaning out of the basement!)

The painters are supposed to arrive this week to begin painting the inside of the house. We spent some time last week trying to figure out what colors to put on the walls from those little tiny samples. We really need to get the colors correct for the rooms where there are vaulted ceilings so that we won't have to paint those ourselves. The great room will have the same color we currently have in our family room, so we feel fairly confident about that color (Sherwin Williams Vesper Violet). We'll use a color 2 shades lighter than that for the walls above the light valance that runs around the room about 10 feet up from the floor. After the painters are done, the hard floors will be installed.

We had to decide whether to put windows in the garage doors, or not. We only have 1 window in the garage so I think we are planning to put windows in 2 of the garage doors, and leave them out of the shorter bay, which is closest to the window.

Most of my sewing studio cabinet hardware arrived today. I was able to order most of the knobs and pulls from Sears (good price), but they didn't have all the left hand pulls that I needed. I had to order those from another place online.

I need to find time to go look at the bamboo for my sewing studio floor. Our salesperson emailed to say that the finish on the bamboo that arrived at the store for our house is not the same as what it was on the sample in the store. The store sample had a satin finish and our order came in with more of a slight semi-gloss.

We're still waiting to hear from the landscape designer. I'm anxious to see what kind of a plan he has come up with for the patio area.

And, I'll leave you with a photo of my niece's cats - Black Cat and White Cat - that I spent some time with this weekend at my sister's house in TX.

No comments: