Saturday, April 5, 2008

Piece by piece...

The siding is going up! The main color of the Hardie plank siding is Cobble Stone and the trim color is (I think) Woodstock Brown. The Pella window trim color is putty. The brick hasn't been started yet - I'm not sure if the brick can go up at the same time as the hardie plank, or if the hardie plank needs to be finished before they start the brick.

The soffits are going up at the same time as the siding and window trim. What a difference it all makes!
It was fairly muddy out at the house today. The siding guys got down behind the house with their truck, but if you notice the back tire, it is questionable as to whether they will get back out of there, or not. DD finally got to stand in her window seat and see the view from her room!
And the wires have been tamed - although they haven't yet been hooked up to the breakers.
Inside the house, the insulation is mostly in and the drywall will be going up next week. It will be fun to see the rooms with the drywall on - right now you are always seeing a room with other framing in the background, so I'm anxious to see what the rooms will look like when they are enclosed.

The concert last night was fabulous! Anyone in the Pittsburgh area who didn't go really missed out on something special. DD's oboe solo was awesome (if I do say so myself), and Jens Lindemann was incredible (and a real hoot!).

2 comments:

Kt said...

Wow, it's really coming together...the siding is a big step to making it look finished!

I love your abbreviations for your family! So cute!

Patti said...

Hi Kt - Thanks for visiting my blog! I agree that the siding is making a HUGE difference in how the house looks. I'm excited to get back out there and see how much more they've done.

My abbreviations for my family are actually fairly common internet abbreviations, although depending on what context they are used the first 'D' can stand for 'dear', or it can stand for 'darned', as in darned husband, darned son, etc. I chose to use 'dear' for my family (and it fits them, at least most of the time). :-D

Patti