Friday, August 22, 2008

Don't you love vacuum tracks?

I'm back! The pool looked good enough to jump in - well, almost. And I didn't jump in it because DH had said he was going to shock the pool and I didn't know whether or not he had already done it. The landscapers have prepared the pool for the concrete (exposed aggregate) surround...
The retaining wall for the flowerbed is in now. The white pipe in the foreground is what the water from the pool and patio will drain into. It will become more obvious after the concrete is poured and the pavers are in. Just trust me for now - it's a drain...
The pool equipment is all hooked up and the pump was running when I got home...
The vacuum even works! The pool was so dirty that I could see the tracks that the vacuum made as it wandered around the pool! DH used the net to get most of the stones out of the pool before he started the vacuum, but every now and then the vacuum would stop because it choked on a stone.
And the satellite dish was installed while I was gone. I'm hoping we will have better reception than we had with the cable. I missed parts of many Olympic gymnastics routines because the TV program would break up right at the very worst possible time! :-(
I think the next few days will be spent working in my sewing studio, unpacking the boxes (I'll make my mom help me!). My chair arrived, but I didn't get a photo of it yet. I'll wait and take a picture once DH and DS carry it upstairs to the sewing room...

No comments: