Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The pool men cometh...

and the pool men leaveth...without installing the pool.

The Bobcat rental arrived on time this morning. DH wants to take it for a spin...

The pool men arrived with the pool, I think around noontime while I was out running errands.
They decided that the hole that our landscaper had dug for the pool wasn't deep enough (by 6-10"), and the landscaper couldn't get the backhoe here again until tomorrow morning, so the pool men left. Fortunately, they are returning in the morning. I was afraid they would say, "So long. We're going back to NJ and will be back in 3 or 4 weeks." Here is a close-up of the pool, still upside-down on the truck.
This is a shot inside the pool - you can see the tile edge and a couple of the seats that are in the pool.
When I returned from the grocery store and the bank, these 2 deer were watching me get out of the car. They didn't seem to be very afraid...they must know that I like them, unlike DH who would have chased them away. :-D (if you click on the photo, you can see them better)
Our table and chairs arrived without incident this morning. The rectangular table fits the space much better than the oval one did. We put one of the two leaves in it - I think the maximum length with both leaves is something like 104", so we should be able to fit quite a few people at it.

The UPS man has been trying to find us for a couple of days. We finally were able to talk to a real person on the phone and give them directions, so hopefully whatever package they have will get delivered tomorrow.

DH and DS have been unloading the POD, but with all the mud from yesterday's and last night's rains, it's slow-going. Most of the boxes with my sewing studio and kitchen things are way at the back (or is it the front?) of the POD and will be the last to come out. I guess I still have enough boxes to unpack without getting any more from the POD, but I was hoping to send some more things to the church for Saturday's rummage sale.

No comments: