Friday, August 15, 2008

Progress on the patio...

On Wednesday at the end of the day, this is what the patio area looked like. The beams for the deck were laid and a lot more dirt was moved around and packed down around the pool.
By Thursday, the crosspieces had been attached...
And by the end of today, we don't have a whole lot that's changed since yesterday. Those boards sticking up on the far side of the deck are different from the ones I posted a photo of on Tuesday. They ended up cutting those off even with the crossboards and then attached new boards for the railing. They also have strung some string around the yard. I'm not sure what it is for. It may be prep work for the pavers that will be going down.
We started filling the pool with water. This is how much is filled after running the hose all day long. We have a ways to go yet...
I'm making progress again on the boxes. DH, DS, and DD carried all the boxes from the POD that had been stacked in the entryway up to my sewing studio, so the entryway looks clear now. Yesterday I think I emptied all the kitchen boxes from the POD, except for a couple of large boxes that were mis-delivered to the basement, and today I emptied all the POD boxes in the music room, so that room is looking better again.

The chair we ordered for my sewing studio is ready to be picked up at the furniture store distribution center, but that is an hour's drive each way. I called the store to see if we could get it delivered to the local store for pick-up and for 15 bucks they will do that. That will save us the time and gas to drive to the distribution center, and is well worth the money! I had to stop by the store and pay the delivery charge today and my chair will be ready for pick-up next Thursday. Maybe I can get some of my sewing studio boxes emptied by then!

No comments: