Sunday, September 7, 2008

All you need is a screwdriver...

I guess I haven't updated since Thursday morning - sorry about that! Here is the patio area, looking toward the back of the garage. The landscapers started the tile on Thursday and by the end of their day on Friday were about halfway done with the tile. They also attached the sandstone to the seatwalls of the deck.
Here is where they were at the end of work on Thursday. They had recently sprayed the tile with water, so it's looking a bit spotty...
And at the end of work on Friday...
They filled in one of the planter areas with dirt...
And added trim boards above the steps...
And more trim boards on the far side of the deck where the railing will be...
I really hope they finish up this week!

So, my long-lost desk handle (for the sewing studio) has been located. It is the one that couldn't be put on when the rest were put on because it didn't have any threads inside. DH has a friend with a set of punches and he punched threads into it for us (I hope that's the correct terminology!). I asked DH about the knob the other day and he said he thought he gave it back to me a long time ago, before we moved. I didn't remember seeing it since he took it to have it fixed. Fortunately, DH located it in his office boxes while he was unpacking things the other day!

So, I told him I could handle putting on the knob. In my defense, if the screw had been the right length I could have put the knob on. The screw that was with the knob was too short. I found another one that turned out to be too long. DH had to get his handy drill and make a recess for the head of the too-short screw to fit into so it would be the right length. I guess all it takes is the right tools for the job...and it took more than just a screwdriver!

The sewing studio is taking longer to organize than I imagined it would. In this house, I have combined the office supplies (paper, notebooks, bill-paying things, calculater, etc.) that used to live in a closet near DH's office, with my sewing studio. That wasn't the original plan, but seemed to be an obvious place for all those things since I pay the bills and use most of the stationary supplies. It has required me to rethink where everything will go in my sewing studio, however, and has made me wish for the closet I had in my old sewing studio (DH built me a walk-in closet there that was about 8'x6').

My current closet is about 1/3 the size (it looked bigger than that on paper!) and I'm having trouble figuring out where to put all my sewing, craft, and office supplies. It will all work out...I'm just having to sort through everything and throw out some things, and box up things for next years church rummage sale. I should have done this culling out a long time ago, so it's all for the best. It just takes lots of time...

No comments: