Thursday, September 18, 2008

Deck details...

The deck is not yet finished, but it's getting there! All the diagonal boards are down and the ends trimmed so that the border boards could be added...
We really like it. The landscape guys have really done a great job with it...
In response to a comment on yesterday afternoons post, I can see how the person could think that there isn't anything for the ends of the boards to connect to. I hope the photos from today will make it more obvious how this deck is constructed. Some of the photos that I posted in past blog entries didn't show the support beams around the edge of the deck. These supports are what the ends of the diagonal boards are connected to...
It took a while for them to get the border boards under the seat wall, but it looks nice now that it's in there!
The step looks great too!
Here's the deck from another angle. The border isn't yet in place on the side that meets the house, the railing needs to be finished ,and the deck needs to be sealed. The landscapers planned to be done tomorrow, but I'm not so sure that will happen.
Here are a couple of close-ups of the screws in the ends of the boards...
and in the middle of the boards. I don't think this deck is going anywhere! :-D
I restocked the refrigerator today. I'm glad I didn't do it last night, as I had planned to, as the refrigerator door was accidentally left ajar last night and I would have had to throw away all the new food. Replacing the food once following the power outage is definitely enough!

2 comments:

jackmo said...

Hi Patti,

great pictures, it looks awesome. The Iguana on the scooter cracks me up also :p

I run a UK furniture site and would like to offer you and your readers access to discount coupons to our site as a promotional tool and for you to be able to add some value to your readers.

If interested or you would like more info let me know.

Cheers!
Jack
furniure-depo.co.uk
furnituredepo@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I was yesterday's commenter and had been picturing something completely different. It looks great and I apologize if I created and unneeded angst! I had envisioned the border going on top of the board ends, rather than at the same level. In yesterday's pictures, the diagonal deck boards had obviously not yet been trimmed back.

I'll butt out now and let Patti get back to managing so well as she has been the whole time!