Saturday, September 27, 2008

"One of these things is not like the others..."

The landscapers showed up again on Friday and pressure washed the deck. They also spread the top soil around...
Looks a lot better, even though DH still has a lot of work to do to make it look like a lawn...
DH took Friday off work to work on the lawn some more. He raked, harrowed, mushroom-mulched, and seeded the back yard. We're getting rain right now, but it's rather heavy. I hope the seed doesn't get washed away...
Remember that Sesame Street song - "one of these things is not like the others. One of these things just doesn't belong. Can you tell which one is not like the others, before I finish my song?" Can you tell what doesn't belong in the pool photo below?
Here's a really big hint...
Poor little guy - I'm not sure how long he was in there. DH spotted him this morning from the upstairs window. When I tried to get him out with my hand, he moved away and sat on the pool seat...
I had to get him out with the net. He must have been really pooped - he hopped a couple times and then just sat there for a long time.
Later on he hopped away, so I guess he's fine...
I went to Pier 1 the other night and found these dishes on clearance for a really good price and bought enough for 12 people. I hate serving people out of styrofoam or paper bowls and thought these would work well when needed. The only bowls I have 12 of are my good china dishes and they are the really shallow bowls, which are good for salad but, in my opinion, not always so good for soup or chili. The plates coordinated well and were pretty, so I got those also.
The painter showed up this morning to touch up some spots on the stairs, and in our master bathroom, and some exterior spots. He only ended up doing a bit on the stairs. He said he needed to buy more paint for the bathroom and re-paint the whole room. It looked like they had tried to touch up some spots with paint that wasn't thoroughly mixed, and the touch-ups dried a different color from the rest of the room. I don't know why he didn't do the exterior touch-ups. So, he'll be back...

No comments: