Thursday, September 11, 2008

Uh-oh! No more pavers!

So, the patio still isn't done - so much for my estimate of another half day to finish it! On Tuesday they added another 3 rows, or so...
By Wednesday afternoon, they were down to this small area to finish. DH was fairly certain that they had run out of pavers. We had 4 palettes of pavers and he only saw a few pieces left. When none of the landscapers showed up this morning, we knew DH had been right about them running out of pavers! The other 3 landscapers will be back next week to work on (and hopefully finish!) the deck. I'm not optimistic about the pavers getting done anytime soon - I'm sure they will have to order another whole palette and that will take some time to get delivered.
My sewing studio is done for now. All the boxes are unpacked and I think I've found places for everything to live. Here is the sewing table (which will eventually be replaced by a rectangular table which will support quilt bulk better than the oval table), the computer table (which is behind the sewing table so that when I am embroidering I can see the color changes on the computer instead of wasting paper by printing out the color changes), and in the back is my pressing table (which is actually my portable folding handbell table with a small pressing pad on it - eventually I will have a full-size tabletop that will be covered in batting and muslin).
Here is a better shot of the current pressing table with several tubs of fabric beneath it. A lot of this fabric is only used for church sewing projects (school kits for 3rd world countries, adult bibs for senior citizens, quilts for babies, etc.), so these tubs will either stay where they are with a fabric skirt to hide them, or they may end up in the basement.
Here is my other handbell table which is currently being used for my cutting table/planning area. I need to have a counter-height table and a stool for this area of the sewing studio.
I emptied most of the master bathroom boxes today. I still have this box to empty, but it's good to have most of the boxes gone.
I have 2 more bathroom cabinet drawers that need to have full-extension hinges put on them. The cabinet guy is coming tomorrow morning (at 8am!) to install them.
And I'm hoping that all of this stuff will fit in those 2 drawers, but I'm not going to hold my breath!
The tax lady showed up at the door yesterday to do a tax assessment. So far, we've only been paying taxes on the property. She asked questions about the house and then took measurements on the outside, so I suspect we'll be getting a new tax bill soon. I was happy with just paying for the property, but I knew that had to end. :-D

2 comments:

NV said...

Wow! I so feel your pain on the pavers. I recently finished a porch and walkway with brick pavers and I was holding my breath at the end. I had exactly THREE left when I finished. :-)

Patti said...

Someone certainly did a great job of estimating the number of pavers you needed - that's amazing that you had just 3 left! I hope you're enjoying your new porch and walkway!

Patti