Monday, September 1, 2008

Getting ready to finish the patio area...

The wood has arrived to finish the deck. It is Brazilian Teak (cumaru) which is the same wood we have on the floors in the great room, family room, and DH's office. The landscapers will be back tomorrow to do some more work. I don't know whether they will be pouring the concrete around the pool tomorrow, or working on something else. Here is the cumuru...

The travertine pavers have also arrived. Here is one up against the brick on the back of the garage. The colors in the travertine don't show up well in this photo and show up better when you wet the stone.
Here is a photo of the patio which shows most of the yard. The area that is currently covered with concrete will have the travertine pavers on top. The area around the pool will be exposed aggregate concrete.
While my mom was here we stopped at Joanns to buy fabric to cover my hope chest which is in the guest room. This is the old fabric that I took off the chest...
And I recovered it with this striped fabric...
We went out and found a mirror for the guest bathroom when my mom was here. Today we went out and found a mirror for the powder room. We struck out on finding mirrors for our master bathroom however, so I'll have to keep using my little pink-handled hand mirror, leaning against the wall. It makes doing my hair very interesting...

I've been doing some more sorting and unpacking in the sewing studio. I also spent some time trying to figure out what to do for a cutting table and a pressing table. I need some more book storage, so I think I'll try to find a couple of short bookcases and use them as the legs for a tabletop and use that for my cutting table. For the pressing table, I'll cover a piece of plywood with batting and muslin and figure out something to use for legs. I've seen some table legs at IKEA that might work well.

And the most amazing thing that happened this week...local gas prices are down to $3.49/gallon!

No comments: