Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Beep, beep, beep...

(that's the sound of the construction equipment backing up at 7:20am, right beneath our bedroom window!)

The landscapers poured half of the concrete around the pool yesterday. It is exposed aggregate and is not dry in this photo...

In the afternoon, the landscapers built the forms for the steps to the deck, which will be exposed aggregate concrete. This is the longer one...
And here is the shorter step...
We wet the travertine to bring out the color. Here it is next to the concrete...
DS and I went shopping yesterday. I made him go to Bed, Bath, & Beyond with me. He said the only thing worse would have been making him go to Joanns with me! I found this rug for the guestroom bath (I still need a new wastebasket, tissue holder, and soap dispenser for this room)...
I also found some hand towels for the powder room. I bought this rug which I really love, but the size/shape isn't right for this bathroom. I do think the colors work well though, so I'm going to return this one today and search for something similar.
And here is the mirror that we bought on Monday for the powder room...

The landscapers are busy this morning pouring the concrete on the other side of the pool. I don't know what we'll do when we don't have them arriving at 7:20 every morning. I think we've grown accustomed to waking up to the sounds of construction vehicles' backup beeps, drills, saws, and every other imaginable tool sound. The fog was so thick outside this morning that I didn't think they would be able to get anything done, but it's burned off now and the sun is shining.

No comments: