Monday, September 8, 2008

Golf balls and outlets and deer, oh my!

I saw a couple of deer down behind the house today. When I walked back from the mailbox, there were two deer (not sure if they were the same 2) at the end of the driveway. One ran but I was able to get within about 10 feet of the other one before he ran off. (Click on the photo to see them better.)
There were only 2 guys working on the patio today. They only worked on the travertine tile and are almost finished. It will take about another half day to finish, I think. Here is what they have done...
And here is what they have left to do...
So, my sewing studio is almost done. Here is the closet...
It still looks messy, but I only have a couple of boxes left to empty, plus these 5-6 boxes that need to be carried down to the basement. The two on the right are packed with things for next year's rummage sale at church...
This pile in the corner will stay in boxes for a while. DH's grandfather built a corner cabinet years ago from trees on his property. The cabinet needs some TLC before it can be put to use in my sewing studio. DH's list of things to do is very long, so I'm guessing it will be a while before he gets around to working on the cabinet. Most of the items that will go in the cabinet are crafting supplies that I don't use all that often, so it's OK for them to sit in boxes for now.
Here is the photo of my sewing studio chair that I promised to post...
And I also said I would post a photo of the black outlet covers in the kitchen. They blend in with the granite much better than the white ones that used to be there.
This last photo collage is for DD. She has been collecting golf balls from the property ever since we bought it last year. Here are 4 more for her collection, but she has to find them herself when she gets home on school break. :-D (Hint: they are all along the driveway...)

No comments: