Friday, July 18, 2008

The ant hill came alive!

What a flurry of activity at the house today! I stopped by for a quick peek because I was in the area. There were about 10 trucks there and at least 15 guys working on all sorts of things.

I didn't get any photos, but the front porch was being finished, the kitchen details were coming along, the electrician was there to wire the rest of the house, the septic guys were digging more trenches, the plumber was installing the fixtures in the powder room, there was a guy in the master bathroom caulking the trim around the window, and there were a few other guys around that I didn't have time to figure out what they were doing.

The great room floor had been cleaned up and there was blue tape up across the doors to keep people out. There are 2 more coats of finish that need to be applied to the hardwood.

I'm struggling with what tiles to use on the backsplash in the beverage area in the kitchen. There will be a 2" backsplash of the granite along the counter and I'm leaning toward glass tiles of some kind to go above the granite to under the cabinets. I'd love to add some more color to the kitchen in the backsplash. Any thoughts?

Countdown to move day: 11 days and counting!

No comments: