Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Wow! Progress!

The carpenters sure have accomplished a lot since we were out at the house on Saturday! They have been busy little beavers...

The staining of the stairs is done and they are covered with cardboard, so we were able to go upstairs today...
which was good, because I was able to see my sewing studio cabinets. These are Kraftmaid maple slab cabinets with chestnut stain. I used Belanger Milano laminate for the counters. There will be a sink in the counter on the far left side. The pulls and knobs, the top molding, and toe kicks still need to be put on...
In the great room, the built-in bookshelves are coming right along and the valance for the lights has been put up...
These are the cabinets that are behind the French doors in the photo above. There will be solid doors on the lower part of the cabinet to hide all our junk...
Here is the window wall of the great room...
And the wall opposite the window wall...
There will be a whole bunch of puck lights installed behind this valance - some shining up, and some shining down...
The shelves in DH's office are almost done...
although the wall was quite banged up during installation of the shelves...
The shower is almost done, except for the floor and angled sections at the top. The templating for the glass doors was to be done tomorrow, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen...
The basket weave medallian in the center of the floor is done now...
DH spoke with the KD today. The replacement kitchen granite slabs have not arrived at the fabricator's yet, so installation is delayed again.

On the way home from the house, I quickly made up a list of the things that still need to be done at the house. I thought about posting it here, but it's very long and a bit depressing, so I don't think I will. :-D

I made a list the other day of our furniture to try to figure out where it will go in the new house, which pieces we will let DD take to furnish her apartment at college this Fall, and which furniture we will give to the rummage sale at church. I think I've figured out where most of it will go. I took some measurements tonight to see if the pieces would fit where I thought they would. The only issues seem to be in DD's room, as she has some tall furniture that won't fit on the side walls where the ceiling slopes down. She is limited as to where she can put the tall bookcase and she may need to lower the mirror on her dresser a couple of inches so it will fit under the sloped ceiling, but otherwise I think we're good.

Twenty-two days and counting 'til moving day...

2 comments:

Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

Gorgeous - all of it! Love the window wall in your great room. And a sewing studio? I'm so jealous.

Patti said...

Thanks, Wanderluster! I can't wait to get in the sewing studio. My current sewing room is in our basement in a windowless room and I have to force myself to go down there. I'm hoping the unpacking goes quickly so that I can get in my new room and get some of my unfinished sewing projects done.

Thanks for visiting!
Patti