Thursday, July 24, 2008

So bummed!

DS and I headed out to the house this afternoon so that I could see the master bathroom granite before I leave town tomorrow. Just as we arrived, 2 workmen were getting into their truck to leave. One of them said that they had just put another coat of sealer on the hardwood floors and stairs and they had it taped off as a reminder not to walk on them. It took a few minutes for his words to sink in, and to realize that I wasn't going to be able to get up the stairs to the master bathroom to see the granite. Aaargh!!!

The floors did look lovely though, and were very obviously still wet from the sealer that had been applied...

I couldn't go in the great room because of the wet floors, but I did sneak a photo of some of the puck lights that were installed up under/behind the valance that circles the room. It looks like the lights are up, but not wired in yet.
The rough grading is still looking very rough and was a bit smelly. I also saw some of the flies that I was warned about yesterday.
The columns look nice now that they have been painted to match the house and trim colors...
The granite backsplash in the kitchen was not installed today - I don't know when it is scheduled to go in. The granite fabricators were trying to get it ready in time to install it today when they did the master bath, but that obviously didn't work out.

So, DD and I are off to NC tomorrow afternoon for the wedding (well, actually we are only going as far as Beckley, WV because we can't leave until about 4:30 - we'll go the rest of the way on Saturday morning). I told DH that I was going to leave him the camera so he can email me photos of the master bathroom with the granite counters installed!

Items completed as of today are marked in green...

septic tank - I think this is done, although their equipment was still there
gas lines - still need to be connected by the gas company
furnace
A/C
painting
kitchen - granite, finish-work, vent fan, pulls, granite backsplash, appliances
plumbing
electrical - lights/fans, valance lights (almost done)
gutters
brick/stone/pillars
driveway - concrete, gravel (part of the driveway had gravel on it, but not all)
grading - rough, topsoil
sewing studio - knobs/pulls, upper crown moulding on cabinets
master bath - grout, finish shower, cabinets, glass doors, baseboard stone, granite
stained woodwork on great room walls
closet shelves/rods
pantry shelves
stain front door
paint garage doors, install gaskets
grab bars on guest tub
shower curtain rods in 2 bathrooms
stairs
fix vanity granite backsplash in kids' bathroom, recess medicine cabinet?
top for windowseat
doors on bookcase shelves in great room (doors are on site and stained, but not installed)
doorknobs
carpet (going in on Monday)
fireplace granite surround

Countdown to move day: 5 days and counting!

1 comment:

Why S? said...

The floors are going to be beautiful!

Ok, don't freak out, but see the story about granite that I posted on my blog today. Maybe you should have them tested. Better to have info than not have it, right?