Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Showers and nieces and vents! Oh, my!

I drove out to the house this afternoon with my MIL, a friend, and DH's 2 nieces from TX who are visiting their grandmother, so they could all see the house. The shower door had just been installed in the master bathroom...

DH and I just noticed that the door is hinged on the left instead of the right. The water controls are behind the half-wall on the left, so the door should have been hinged on the other side to make access to the controls easier.
Here is a photo of DH's nieces, taken from the basement, looking up at them on the attic level...
That view up the stairs isn't nearly as interesting as looking down to the basement from the attic level...
We also noticed (now that the doors are on) that the master bathroom toilet room (or should I call it a water closet?) door is opening into the main section of the bathroom, instead of opening into the toilet area. Having the door open out blocks the light switches just inside the bathroom.
I spoke with the builder. He said that there should be someone there tomorrow to start moving some dirt around. He also said the flies will arrive, as they will be spreading mushroom manure, or something similar that will attract the flies (and it won't smell nearly as nice as it does today!!).

The kitchen guy was working on the in-ceiling vent when we arrived. He said he didn't have the vent cover yet, so he couldn't finish it.

The septic guys are not done yet. It looks like they've run most of the pipe from the tanks to the leech field, but they are still working on something.

I'm heading out to the house in the morning so that I can meet the cable guy. Of course I have a 3.5 hour window of time that he could arrive, so I'll have to find a book to read. I wish I could take some of my sewing things out with me to start organizing the sewing studio while I wait for him...

Items completed as of today are marked in green...

septic tank - almost done - probably 1 more day of work
gas lines - still need to be connected by the gas company
furnace
A/C
painting
kitchen - granite, finish-work, vent fan, pulls, granite backsplash, appliances
plumbing
electrical - lights/fans, valance lights (probably going in Wednesday or Thursday)
gutters
brick/stone/pillars
driveway - concrete, gravel
grading - rough, topsoil
sewing studio - knobs/pulls, upper crown moulding on cabinets
master bath - grout, finish shower, cabinets, glass doors, baseboard stone, granite
stained woodwork on great room walls
closet shelves/rods
pantry shelves
stain front door
paint garage doors, install gaskets
grab bars on guest tub
shower curtain rods in 2 bathrooms
stairs
fix vanity granite backsplash in kids' bathroom, recess medicine cabinet?
top for windowseat
doors on bookcase shelves in great room
doorknobs
carpet (going in on Monday)
fireplace granite surround

Countdown to move day: 7 days and counting!

No comments: