Thursday, July 31, 2008

Flies galore!

Oh, dear - someone please make these flies go away! I guess that's what you get when you have someone spreading smelly topsoil on the same day that the doors are all open so the movers can unload the moving van. I swatted a bunch of them, but there are a gazillion more, I think!

So, I spent the day unpacking boxes. Here is a photo of the vent over the cooktop. It is 1000 cfm and doesn't block my view of the family room like a regular vent would have...

The granite backsplashes look nice for the most part. There are a couple of spots where it looks like they filled in gaps with some kind of caulk, or something. We may have to complain about that. Here is the backsplash near the beverage area...
And the splash behind the main sink still needs to be done...
I took a photo of the scratch that I put on the floor when I moved the table. It's about 5" long, I think...oops...
The plumbers were here today and hopefully fixed whatever was leaking into the basement. They thought it was the ice maker. They also ran a test to prove that the gas lines weren't leaking so the gas company will come and finish hooking up our gas so we can shower and run the dishwasher. We are supposed to have hot water sometime tomorrow morning (fingers crossed).

I think I'm actually going to try to cook tonight, although I may leave the dirty dishes for tomorrow when we have hot water.

I smell the bread in the breadmaker, so I'd better go start dinner! Yummy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You kitchen is so beautiful i like how you have the fan up in the ceiling so it doesn't block the view kudos

Patti said...

Thanks, David! The vent was our kitchen designer's idea.

Patti